70 Years of Fair Trade
Fighting global poverty through fair and ethical trade
One of the first fair trade organizations in the world, Serrv International began its mission by helping displaced European refugees trade their handcrafts for income after the Second World War. Since then, we've extended our reach to 25 countries worldwide, working to empower over 8,000 artisans and farmers every year by selling their beautiful handcrafts.We believe in:
- Creating employment. Serrv works to provide employment opportunities to all artisans, regardless of gender, race, or religion. We also work to prevent child labor, instead making sure artisans' children stay in school and have brighter futures.
- Paying fair wages. Artisans working with Serrv are paid fair wages in advance, to ensure they can support themselves and their families while they work.
- Encouraging sustainable practices. Serrv cares about the planet, and encourages artisans to use sustainable crafting methods and recycled materials in their handcrafts. Here at home, we also use recycled cardboard shreds to pack our products for safe shipping.
- Supporting community development. Serrv provides loans and donations to help build workshops, fund healthcare and education initiatives, recover from natural disasters, and additional community improvement projects as needed.
- Preserving traditional crafting techniques. Serrv employs artisans who utilize traditional crafting methods, patterns, and materials to create their handcrafts.
With your support, we can continue to combat global poverty and work to help artisans and farmers build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.